Application of Number – Bmi, Aim and Method Essay Sample
For this undertaking I will be looking at whether pupils are acquiring healthier. To make this I will necessitate to look at the Body Mass Index ( BMI ) of a group of pupils. I will necessitate to roll up the highs and weights of 20 male and female pupils as a just sample. From this I will be able to work out the BMI of the pupils and utilizing the statistics. bring forth tabular arraies and graphs to demo my findings. Once I have obtained this information. I will so necessitate to happen some comparative informations demoing the highs and weights of pupils from the past and compare these against my findings. Plan:
• Collect highs and weights of 20 male and female pupils • Convert tallness and weights from imperial to metric. ( ft and inches to cm. St and pound to kg ) • Research how to work out the pupil BMI’s
• Compile findings in to a tabular array
• Find a BMI categorization chart and finish the BMI categorizations • Create a spreadsheet utilizing your findings. one for males and one for females • Work out the norms for tallness. weight and BMI for males and females • Draw saloon charts demoing the norms of tallness. weight and BMI • Compare norms of males and females
• Complete a proportion chart ciphering the grades
• Draw pie charts
• Compare the pie charts
• Find information demoing highs and weights of past pupils
• Choose 20 males and females for comparing
• Convert highs and weights from imperial to metric
• Work out BMI of past pupils
• Work out mean tallness. weight and BMI of past pupils • Compare against your ain findings
• Final Report
To finish this undertaking. I will necessitate to roll up 20 male and 20 female highs and weights. Once I have obtained this information. I will necessitate to change over them from imperial units to metric. This will be done utilizing the appropriate expressions. From the born-again measurings. I can work out their comparative BMI utilizing the right BMI expression. After all this. I will show my findings in a suited tabular array. I will so research online for the different BMI categorizations. and make full in the different categorizations for my findings. From my consequences. I can cipher the norms ( mean. manner. average and scope ) for the highs. weights and BMIs. These consequences will so be drawn up into suited saloon charts.
From the graphs. I will there compare the differences between the mean male and female highs. weights and BMIs. Using the BMI categorizations. I will so make a proportion chart. From this chart I can make a pie chart stand foring the different categorizations that I have found. I will so compare my findings of my males and females against each other. I will so necessitate to research into the highs and weights of some past pupils. From these findings I will necessitate to choose 20 males and females for a sample to compare against. After I have chosen my sample. I will necessitate to change over them from imperial to metric. and cipher the BMI’s. as I did with my ain informations. From these conversations. I can so work out the mean. can compare against my ain findings. Once I have completed this. I can make my concluding study to demo what I have found.