Health Advocacy Project Essay Sample
Community Health Advocacy Project Overview
Each hebdomad you will utilize the Weekly Guide to steer you through the procedure of making a conjectural. community wellness protagonism undertaking due in Week Six. The following breakdown represents each week’s portion:
• In Week One. you select an sum and write inquiries to assist you place countries of strength and of demand.
• In Week Two. you focus on depicting the features of your sum and composing an action program on how you would use each of Christoffel’s three phases as an advocator for the sum.
• In Week Three. you apply the three degrees of bar to your aggregate’s wellness concern and choose the best theoretical theoretical account to assist you turn to your protagonism concerns. This theoretical account will steer your undertaking in Week Six.
• In Week Four. you design a information aggregation tool that will be used with your aggregative population.
• In Week Five. you formulate two outcome ends that are specific to your sum.
• In Week Six. you design a conjectural. community wellness protagonism undertaking based on your completed Weekly Guide. You must subject your completed Weekly Guide in Week Six with your undertaking.
Select an sum with a wellness concern that involvements you. You will utilize this sum throughout the category as a footing for your Community Health Advocacy Project due Week Six. Aggregate chosen: Pregnant Teenss
Think of some inquiries you would wish to happen replies to sing your sum. Write inquiries that help you place countries of strength and of demand.
1. What is the educational impact for kids born to teens? 2. What is the socioeconomic impact to the teens and their kids? 3. What can the parents of the teens do to back up them during the gestation? Week Two
Describe features of the sum you chose in Part One. Include the followers:
• Definitions of community and sum with support from the literature
• Community is defined as a locality-based entity. composed of systems of formal organisations reflecting society’s establishments. informal groups. and sums. • An sum is a subgroup of the community population who portion one or more personal or environmental features
• Differences between sum and community
• By specifying sum and community earlier in the paper. the writer will compare the selected sum. pregnant teens. in California State versus the United States
• Identification and description of an sum
• A wellness issue because it is associated with inauspicious educational. wellness.
and economic results for both female parents and kids
• Minimum of four current mentions in add-on to the text editions. dated from the last
Three old ages
Identify Christoffel’s three phases in a conceptual model for protagonism.
Write a short action program. in 350- to 600-words. on how you would use each phase as an advocator for your sum.
The writer will place the extent of adolescent gestation as a wellness job from research studies. private sector. and authorities bureaus to bring forth statistical informations. • Every twelvemonth 16 million females ages 15 to 19 give births accounting for 11 % of all births globally ( Porter & A ; Holness. 2011 ) . • Severity of happening is linked to inauspicious educational. wellness. and economic results for both female parents and kids ( The National Campaign. 2012 ) . Phase Two: Scheme
The writer anticipates that the two ways to better this wellness issue is by making and implementing educational plans in the populace and at school. The school may include in the course of study that will give the instructors an chance to discourse the hazard factors non merely to the teens but besides to the parents. The plans will supply chances for the teens to be engaged in supervised activities after school and assist them understand their ain sexual bounds so they do non acquire into state of affairss in which they may hold unprotected sex and acquire pregnant.
Phase Three: Action
Activities may include raising financess. fall in the local or province authorities to promote instruction in school. and join organisations who are already turn toing the issue of adolescent gestation. Such organisations are the Center for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC ) and community-based plans. CDC is spread outing bar resources through the president’s adolescent gestation enterprise. which involves the office of adolescent wellness. disposal for kids and households. and office of population personal businesss. CDC is besides working to make the Healthy People 2020 national aims to cut down unintended adolescent gestation and better stripling wellness every bit good as urging plans that reach teens that have been demonstrated to work. assist parents pass on with their teens. and better sexual and generative wellness service ( CDC. 2012 ) .
The degrees of bar in epidemiology aid supply a model for wellness professionals to step in and forestall disease. hurt. or disablement.
Write a short description of the three degrees of bar.
• Primary bar is directed at forestalling a job before it occurs. • Secondary bar refers to early sensing and prompt intercession during the period of early disease pathogenesis. • Tertiary bar where the intercession begins one time the disease is obvious and aims to disrupt the class of the disease cut down the sum of disablement that might happen. and get down rehabilitation. Use the three degrees of bar to your aggregate’s wellness concern. See below describes each degree along with action program. Continuous instruction is the cardinal factor in the three degrees of bar
Include a specific illustration of your enterprise in action for each degree.
1. Primary: The primary intercession for the selected sum is to halt them from acquiring pregnant at the first topographic point. Primary intercession will include learning the teens about gender. learning about the negative impact from going pregnant. 2. Secondary: secondary bar would be early intercessions for the pregnant teens. Early intercession includes proving and handling the pregnant adolescent for STDs. supplying equal antenatal attention. and handling for high blood force per unit area. Action program will be to take part into organisations and fall in runs to raise financess so that teens can have antenatal attention and alleviate wellness complications. Coordinate with the local wellness section and have community plans accessible to the teens. This will assist offer health look into up or testing for blood force per unit area. and giving information on healthy diet picks low in Na diet. 3. Third: Third bar reference intercessions that the writer may put into the action program for the adolescent after gestation. Offer uninterrupted instruction on forestalling extra stripling gestations and reference hazard factors in school and in public. Participate in run to discourse about future gestation and prevent morbidity in immature female parent and the newborn through equal postnatal attention and followup with the primary attention doctor.
Choose the best theoretical theoretical account that will assist you reply. or supply the principle for. why you asked the inquiries you did in Part One of the Weekly Guide. See the undermentioned inquiries:
• What are the chief constructs within the theoretical account?
o Health Belief Model ( HBM ) is a comprehensive theoretical account used in forestalling diseases and set uping wellness plans. o The constructs are perceived susceptibleness. perceived badness. perceived benefits. sensed barriers. cues to action. and self-efficiency. o HBM is applicable to the pregnant teens because it addresses how they perceive the badness and benefits from going pregnant.
• What about theory explains why you asked those inquiries.
O Knowing that there are effects and serious status from holding unplanned gestation. the constructs help the writer ask those inquiries. o Concepts of the theory about the teens’ beliefs sing badness and benefits made her ask those inquiries. o The self-efficacy construct implies supplying preparation. counsel. and positive enforcement. Prosecuting parents of the adolescent from the beginning builds up support and trust to the pregnant adolescent that her parents are at that place when she in demand. Parents of the adolescent may go on educating the adolescent about gestation bar for any future gestation. The portion of the theory that explains why the writer asked the above inquiries are fundamentally the constructs. teens perception about wellness concern. and the theory itself because it helps develop wellness instruction schemes. Week Four
Design a information aggregation tool that can be used with your aggregative population. Make certain the tool contains the followers:
• Demographics—name. birth day of the month. ethnicity. sex. instruction degree. and so forth
o Tool Name: Vinesh Data Pregnancy Survey Tool. For confidentiality. names and day of the month of births were non disclosed. The tool contained ethnicity. parents instruction degrees. populating country. support system in the house
• The inquiries that you came up with in Part One and any others that you feel would use
o The tool contained inquiries from hebdomad one and extra inquiries that can assist reply inquiries from hebdomad one.
• Two extra inquiries that would be consistent with the ends of Healthy People 2020
o What are some of the environmental factors linked with adolescent wellness results? o What are the two of import issues that act upon how adolescent wellness should be approached?
• Data from dependable beginnings that answer each of the inquiries you asked
o Data were from the dependable beginning: The National Campaign
Include informations points with two degrees of informations for each— if you can non happen two points. a information spread exists. This was changed to the undermentioned information per teacher:
Datas that correlates to the inquiries asked—either from hebdomad one. or from Healthy Peoples 2020—is included. Two One informations point — local. province. national. or international—are is included for each inquiry. a = The data’s degree
B = The information
1 a = Local
B = 54 % Obesity rate for 5th graders
2 a = Federal
B = 19 % Obesity rate for kids over 12
Questions from Week One:
1 A: California
Bacillus: Ranks at figure 15 with 5 % in proportion of teens 16 to 19 who are non enrolled in high school and are non high school alumnus in the twelvemonth 2010
2. A: California
Bacillus: Ranks at figure 30 with 23 % of kids under 18 life below the Federal poorness degree in 2011
3. A: California
Bacillus: Ranks at figure 23 with 33 % demoing proportion of kids under 18 life in households by a individual parent in 2010. In the same twelvemonth. California ranks at figure 39 demoing 36 % of kids under 18 life in families where no parent had full-time or year-around employment
Formulate two result ends that are specific to your sum.
Outcome Goal # 1:
Reduce gestation rate caused by unplanned gestation 30 % by the twelvemonth 2013. Outcome Goal # 2:
Increase cognition about causes of adolescent gestation by easing an educational plan to the pupils at Natomas High School by the terminal 2013. Establish your result ends on the information you collected in old hebdomads. Each result end must include an action verb. the consequence you expect. the mark. and the clip frame.
Yes. the above ends contain the action verb. the consequence to anticipate. the mark. and the clip frame
See the undermentioned inquiries:
• What intercession needs to go on to run into your ends?
o An educational plan to the teens at Natomas High School.
• Who would necessitate to be influenced to ordain the plan?
O Sponsored by Target and National Institute of Health ( NIH ) o Giving grant that may be used for publishing out booklets on adolescent gestation. giveaway inducements to the teens. and refreshment on the twenty-four hours of educational plan • Would the cost for it be executable? Why or why non?
1. Is cost effectual because the capital outgo for execution is really little when it comes to salvaging lives. 2. Gives an chance and allows the community partnership to take part in the wellness publicity and non merely assist out with the grant but besides help the pedagogue financially. Week Six
Review the intercession you suggested to run into your result ends in Part Five. See the undermentioned inquiry:
• What are two formative—conducted during the advancement of the program—and two summative—conducted taken at the terminal of the program—evaluation measures that could be used to measure your intercession?
1. Verbalizing during the educational plan
2. Questioning schemes
1. End of educational plan trial
2. Rate decreased 40 % by 2013
*Visit school every 4 months & A ; continued learning
*Louvinia. clerk. told me the rate decreased by 40 %
Design a conjectural. community wellness protagonism undertaking based on your completed Weekly Guide. Deliverable illustrations include. a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation. a proposal for a undertaking to a local board.
organisation. or a newspaper article.
Include the undermentioned in your undertaking:
• The information from your Weekly Guide
Yes. I used information from the hebdomadal usher in the PowerPoint presentation • Projected effects of undertaking success on public wellness policy O Teenage gestation bar policy schemes ( Comprehensive gender instruction. entree to preventives and generative wellness attention. and youth development ) . o AFL plan
o Advocate the plans and policies by take parting. lobbying. go toing conferences to demo support. and articulation run o Encourage Natomas School Board to go on funding toward adolescent gestation bar plan • At least four current mentions. dated within the last three old ages Yes. I had at least four current mentions within the last three old ages
Note. All six parts of the hebdomadal usher must be completed and submitted with your undertaking to have the entire points.